What can a Canadian expect?
Listen to a patient interview on CBC Radio Click here
Northwest Weight Loss Surgery has customized our services to accommodate the varying needs of our Canadian patients. We encourage you to look through all of the information on this website; however there are a few things that you as a Canadian can expect from our team.
- Northwest Weight Loss Surgery has performed more gastric band surgeries than any other practice in the Pacific Northwest.
- We offer free informational seminars in the Vancouver/Surrey, BC area.
- Aftercare appointments are available in Vancouver and Bellingham.
- An unsurpassed aftercare program offering nutritional counseling and medical check-ups which are included for up to 13 months post-surgery to help you make a great success of your weight loss journey.
- We are able to schedule all of your pre-operative appointments for the same day.
- No waiting for your surgery. Once you have decided on the best option for you, completed your consultations, and been approved as a candidate for surgery by your surgeon, our team will ensure that everything is in place to accommodate your schedule.
- We want to ensure that you have a safe surgery and recommend that you stay in the area overnight. We will schedule a follow-up appointment for the day after surgery so you can be seen by your surgeon prior to going home. For people who choose to stay at the Holiday Inn Express near the surgery center, the hotel offers a discount for Northwest Weight Loss Surgery patients.
- Based on feedback from out-of-town patients and their families, we recommend the nearby Holiday Inn Express (131 128th Street, Everett, WA 98208, 425-609-4000). Patients tell us the staff are friendly, and rooms are clean and have coffee makers and refrigerators. Tell them you are coming to Northwest Weight Loss Surgery for our corporate rate.
Canadian residents that select to travel out of the country for medical care are entitled to a tax credit. We will provide you with a full, detailed receipt to use for your tax deduction purposes.
Would you like to discuss your questions in person? To speak with one of our representatives or book an appointment call 1-888-350-2263. All of our representatives are band patients themselves and would be more than happy to answer any question you may have.
Interested in attending a free informational seminar in your area? Click here for upcoming sessions.